Pages

Friday 27 January 2012

To Busy To Blog?

It's been a really hectic week this week. I had a couple of rush orders to get out, which meant I had to ring my suppliers and get more stock in for the wedding stationery I was expecting to make next week. They were also up to their eyeballs but never too busy for a quick chat... or a rather lengthy one I just couldn't bring to a conclusion.

Anyway, I digress! One of the rush orders was for a storybook invitation. They didn't want a fairytale style (shame, because I've done one of those before!) but a modern, down to earth 'Our Story' sort of thing. It sounded interesting so I took it on.

The couple met in uni, traveled the world together as friends and then got jobs in different countries, lost touch for years and only started talking again when they bumped into each other at another Uni friends wedding (where my bride caught the bouquet!).

So I worked day and night on this design. Emailed  variation after variation and finally came up with their perfect wedding invitation on Thursday! Proof is sent but I'm not expecting any changes as they've already seen the design by email.

I soooo wanted to share their invitation with the world but it's not my place to do that, so I spent a good part of this afternoon playing with fonts and images to come up with a 'mock' invitation in a similar style. I've put this one onto an A6 card as it fits nicely but I think more complex stories will have to go bigger - either right up to A5 or maybe something that concertinas out (I have a cunning plan).

Let me know what you think...

Original Design By Two Little Words


Nikki x

No comments:

Post a Comment