Pages

Friday 20 January 2012

Vintage Rose Design... tick!

I've been trying for ages to come up with a design that has a real vintage feel to it and now, after a little tweaking I think I'm finally happy with my vintage rose design!

I used an old piece of vintage wallpaper I bought ages ago, with the intention of putting it in a lovely shabby chic frame. Once I managed to scan it and spent lots of hours cleaning it up in Photoshop, it just needed the colours adjusting and a bit of playing around with the Hue and Saturation.

Originally I was going to make it into a brush - and I might still do this if there's nothing on tv tonight - but when the sample prints turned out to be so very pretty, I just had to print it up properly! On our card stock it looks even better than the sample prints.

Drum roll please.....


 What do you think? Are the colours muted enough? Is it pretty enough? Does it have that 'vintage' feel to it?

*Edit on 23rd Jan

Just as I'm happy with one vintage rose design I come up with another!


Which do you prefer?

Nikki x

No comments:

Post a Comment